Frontier® Cartridge features Hornady bullets in 223 Rem and 5.56 NATO. Applications range from plinking, target shooting and hunting to law enforcement training and self-defense.
- Consistency in Every Cartridge:State-of-the-industry loading techniques and quality control procedures ensure the reliability of every Frontier® Cartridge round.
- Rounds for all Applications: Frontier® Cartridge offers ammunition configured for a wide range of shooters and applications, everything from plinking, target shooting and hunting to law enforcement training and self-defense.
- Brass Cases: In addition to Hornady® bullets in a variety of offerings, Frontier® Cartridge features brass cartridge cases and military-grade boxer primers and propellant.
- Caliber: 223 Remington
- Bullet: 55 gr FMJ
- Product Line: Frontier
- Sectional Density: .157
- Ballistic Coefficient: .243 (G1)
- Application: Target/Match, Varmint < 50 lbs, Personal Defense
- Box Count: 20
- Muzzle Velocity (FPS): 3240
- 100 Yards Velocity (FPS): 2837
- 200 Yards Velocity (FPS): 2468
- 300 Yards Velocity (FPS): 2128
- 400 Yards Velocity (FPS): 1817
- 500 Yards Velocity (FPS): 1540
- Muzzle Energy (FT/LB): 1282
- 100 Yards Energy (FT/LB): 983
- 200 Yards Energy (FT/LB): 744
- 300 Yards Energy (FT/LB): 553
- 400 Yards Energy (FT/LB): 403
- 500 Yards Energy (FT/LB): 290
- Muzzle Trajectory (INCHES): -1.5
- 100 Yards Trajectory (INCHES): 2
- 200 Yards Trajectory (INCHES): 0
- 300 Yards Trajectory (INCHES): -8.2
- 400 Yards Trajectory (INCHES): -23.5
- 500 Yards Trajectory (INCHES): -47
||Caliber: 223 Rem
Bullet Type: Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
Bullet Weight: 55 gr
Muzzle Energy: 1282 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity: 3240 fps
Rounds Per Box: 20
Boxes Per Case: 25
Casing Material: Brass
||Warning: Discharging firearms in poorly ventilated areas, cleaning firearms or handling ammunition may result in exposure to lead and other substances known to the State of California to cause birth defects, reproductive harm and other serious physical injury. Have adequate ventilation at all times. Wash hands thoroughly after exposures.